Glorious Accidents of an Unpredictable Process
My sister, who recently moved to Florida, just figured out why she never has to clean up her dog’s poop from her back yard— The bugs do it for her!
She found this gorgeous female Phanaeus vindex (a dung beetle who is more than happy to help clean up her dog’s massive poops) hard at work doing what she does best!
This coleoptera is pretty good-looking for a creature that burrows in poo all day, and the males, with their big ol’ horns growing out of their heads are pretty darned nifty too!
For more information on these little dudes, I suggest checking out this site.
Tagged as: Phanaeus vindex. dung beetle. Coleoptera. beetle. entomology. bugs. Florida bugs.
- addicted2wasps likes this
- drhoz reblogged this from gloriousaccidents
- drhoz likes this
- pointed-glances likes this
- izanimus likes this
- ourfamilyjewels reblogged this from gloriousaccidents and added:
- ourfamilyjewels likes this
- taxideinae likes this
- quicksilversky likes this
- koda-the-kobold reblogged this from gloriousaccidents
- m0thlight likes this
- gloriousaccidents posted this